Best cranberry sauce ever. I used Simply Orange instead of squeezing my own oranges. Much better than white sugar, water, and cranberries!
Basic Cranberry Sauce
This tangy-sweet homemade cranberry sauce is delicious served with turkey, chicken, quail, duck, or ham.
Yield: 14 servings (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 54
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- Calcium: 8mg
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Discard cinnamon stick; cool completely.
Make up to two days ahead and refrigerate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Basic Cranberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments