You can freeze in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag up to one month. Thaw in the refrigerator.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups white cornmeal mix
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- Place butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, and heat in a 425° oven 5 minutes or until melted.
- Combine cornmeal mix, flour, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir together buttermilk and eggs. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Pour over melted butter in skillet.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used White Lily White Cornmeal Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note