Basic Chicken Dinner
Cooked chicken breasts can be difficult to puree to a consistency that baby will like. We've found that using ground chicken is a much easier option. You can substitute ground turkey for the ground chicken, if you'd like.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Water, breast milk, or formula
- 1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in sage.
- 2. Place chicken mixture and rice in a food processor; process until desired consistency, adding water, breast milk, or formula, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed.
- Chicken and Rice with Apples variation: Stir 3 servings of Apple Puree or 1 cup peeled, steamed apple slices into processed chicken and rice mixture. Add water, breast milk or formula, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed, until desired consistency. Yield: 2 1/2 cups or 5 (1/2-cup) servings.
- Chicken, Spinach, and Rice variation: Place 3 cups bagged baby spinach leaves in a vegetable steamer. Steam, covered, 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add steamed spinach to processed chicken and rice mixture; process until desired consistency, adding cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed. Yield: 2 cups or 4 (1/2-cup) servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note