Quick and easy, and I used a generic complete pancake mix instead of biscuit mix, and it worked well (just a tad bit sweeter). I needed just a few tablespoons more of buttermilk. I'll definitely keep this one on hand for a fast breakfast biscuit.
Basic Buttery Biscuits
More From Southern Living
Bake: 9 Minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- Stir together baking mix, buttermilk, and 5 tablespoons melted butter just until blended.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 1 to 2 times. Pat to a 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 1 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush tops evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick all-purpose baking mix.
- To make ahead: Freeze unbaked biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet 30 minutes or until frozen. Store in a zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 3 months. Bake as directed for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cranberry-Orange-Glazed Biscuits: Decrease baking mix to 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons. Add 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries to baking mix. Prepare dough, and bake as directed. Omit 1 tablespoon butter for brushing biscuits after baking. Stir together 6 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon orange juice, and 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind. Drizzle evenly over warm biscuits.
- To make ahead: Freeze unbaked biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet 30 minutes or until frozen. Store in a zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 3 months. Bake as directed for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This