BASIC BUTTER COOKIES
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 stick(s) butter softened
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1. Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt together.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 3. Cream on medium/high speed for 2 minutes.
- 4. Turn to low/medium speed.
- 5. Add milk, then flour mixture gradually, beating until blended, about 3 minutes.
- 6. Refrigerate dough until easy to handle.
- 7. Roll dough on lightly floured surface, very thin for crisp cookies and 1/8" to
- 1/4" for soft cookies.
- 8. Cut with floured cutters.
- 9. Place on parchment paper on cookie sheets.
- 10. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11. Cool and remove from cookie sheets.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JudyFerraro and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note