Basic Beef Dinner
Beef is a great source of iron, zinc, and B vitaminsall essential nutrients that little bodies need to grow healthy and strong. You can easily double this recipe and store the leftovers in the freezer for up to one month.
This recipe goes with Beef and Veggies
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 pound ground round
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Pierce squash several times with the tip of a sharp knife. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membrane with a spoon. Place squash, cut sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Pierce squash multiple times with a fork. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until squash is very tender. Cool squash 10 minutes.
- 3. While squash bakes, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add ground round; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain and place in a food processor.
- 4. Remove cooked squash from skins, and place in food processor with ground round. Process until desired consistency.
- Beef and Veggies Variation: Stir 2 servings Green Beans into Basic Beef Dinner or add 1/2 cup cooked green beans to squash and beef in food processor before processing. Yield: 2 cups or 4 (1/2-cup) servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note