Basic BBQ Steak Dry Rub
This is a basic rub with pop. Depending on how liberal you are applying it, it makes 25-35 servings. It is based on "Hugh's Dry Rub" and various other on the net.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) paprika regular
- 2 tablespoon(s) cayenne pepper regular
- 5 tablespoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 3 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) onion powder
- 6 tablespoon(s) kosher salt alt: sea salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) oregano dried or powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) thyme dried or powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) hickory smoke salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil brushed on
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar applied separate
- Preparation: All but the last two ingredients are mixed in a medium container with a air-tight lid. Once they are all added to the container, seal it and shake thoroughly to get a good mixture.
- Application: Lightly brush the olive oil on both sides. Apply some brown sugar and rub mixture to one or both sides. Use just enough to lightly to moderately cover the meat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by chadjcraig and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note