Basic Batter Mix
I make my own bisquick mix using this recipe. Add oil or shortening before using it for whatever you like. Example: shortening for biscuits or oil for waffles/pancakes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 5lb bag(s) Unbleaced all purpose Flour sifted
- 3/4 cup(s) Double acting baking powder
- 1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Dry milk solids (powdered milk)
- Combine all ingredients and store in large airtight plastic Cereal container. Measure just as you would for Bisquik, just add your own oil or shortening. I love this recipe. It's economical and makes wonderful waffles or pancakes. For waffles or pancakes I use 3 cups of the mix, 2 eggs, and 1tsp vanilla flavoring, 2Tbls of canola oil. Makes about 10 large pancakes or 15 small ones, even less batter for waffles. Store and refridgerate unused batter for the next day.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MommyG and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note