Basic Baked Potato
Community Recipe from
- 4 baking potatoes
- olive oil, vegetable oil, butter
- Use baking (mealy, starchy) potatoes, such as Russet potatoes, of uniform size and shape. Look for potatoes with even brown tone, avoid sprouted or burised potatoes, avoid potatoes with discolored spots or greenish hue.
- Wash and scrub potatoes under cold water, pat them dry.
- Pierce each potato deeply with a fork or small knife a few times on each side at approx. 1-inch intervals. This will allow steam to escape during the baking.
- Rub with small amount of oil or butter and salt.
- Bake on a rack in preheated oven:
- 45 minutes at 400 F,
- 60 minutes at 350 F,
- 90 minutes at 325 F.
- (for 5oz/150g each potatoes, increase baking time for more than 4 potatoes.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by yukoandk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Basic Baked Potato Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes