- 2 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices of artisan levain or sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons Basil Aioli
- 3 pieces applewood-smoked thick-cut bacon, cooked
- 1 ripe medium tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed arugula leaves
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- calories 792
- caloriesfromfat 69 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 61 g
- satfat 18 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 4 g
- sodium 1203 mg
- cholesterol 130 mg
How to Make It
Spread one side of each piece of bread with basil aioli. Stack one piece with bacon, tomato slices, arugula leaves, and fresh mozzarella slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with second slice of aioli-laden bread. Eat with gusto.
Tomatoes with wine: Parcel 104's Master Sommelier, Randall Bertao, likes wines with clean, focused flavors and a medium acidity to balance the tomatoes--such as Charles Melton Rosé 2004 (Barossa Valley, Australia; $12) and Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc 2005 (Russian River Valley, CA; $27).
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.