Barnum Bratwurst Bread with Choucroute Tumble
Yield: Makes 16 servings
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups warm water (105° to 110°)
- 6 cups bread flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Grilled bratwurst or chorizo
- Choucroute Tumble
- Combine yeast, sugar, and water in bowl of an electric stand mixer; let stand 5 minutes. Add 3 cups flour and next 3 ingredients to bowl, and beat at low speed, using dough hook attachment, 2 minutes. Gradually add more flour until dough begins to leave the sides of the bowl and pull together.
- Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface; knead 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic, adding flour as necessary. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to coat top of dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. Punch dough down, and let stand 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Cut each piece of dough evenly into 4 pieces; shape each piece into ovals. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, about 10 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with grilled bratwurst and Choucroute Tumble.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads