- 1/4 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces and softened
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
How to Make It
Combine wine, vinegar, onion, salt, pepper, and parsley in a heavy saucepan; cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 tablespoons.
Reduce heat to low; add butter and yolks alternately, beginning and ending with butter. Whisk constantly until butter melts and mixture is smooth and thickened. Serve immediately.