- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 10 black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon minced green onion
How to Make It
Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is reduced to 1 tablespoon. Remove from heat; whisk in 1 tablespoon water and next 3 ingredients. Remove from heat; whisk in 1 tablespoon water and next 3 ingredients.
Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; add butter in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until thickened.
Pour sauce through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids; stir in green onion. Serve warm.