Barley Salad with Chicken and Corn
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup barley
- 2 bunch(es) scallions, cut into thirds crosswise and white ends halved
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears corn) or frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook barley according to package instructions. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place scallions and corn on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a large bowl, combine barley, roasted vegetables, tomatoes, parsley, chicken, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 tablespoon lime juice; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss spinach with 1 tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve spinach with chicken-barley mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cindiemiller11 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note