Barley Salad with Chicken and Corn
Community Recipe from
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup barley
- 2 bunch(es) scallions, cut into thirds crosswise and white ends halved
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears corn) or frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook barley according to package instructions. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place scallions and corn on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a large bowl, combine barley, roasted vegetables, tomatoes, parsley, chicken, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 tablespoon lime juice; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss spinach with 1 tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve spinach with chicken-barley mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cindiemiller11 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes