OK taste but a bit bland. Better with some garlic salt and chicken.
Barley, Roasted Vegetables, and Feta Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Carbohydrate: 50.5g
- Fiber: 15.2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 512mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into wedges
- 1 medium peeled eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare salad, bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add barley. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until tender. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Spoon barley into large bowl.
- Place peppers and eggplant on one jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; place zucchini and squash in another jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Coat vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place pan with squash on top rack in the oven and pan with eggplant on middle rack. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until squash and zucchini are tender. Remove pan with squash, and move pan with eggplant to top rack. Bake peppers and eggplant an additional 8 minutes or until tender. Cool. Cut vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces. Add vegetables, parsley, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) to barley; toss gently.
- To prepare dressing, combine vinegar, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring well with a whisk. Add dressing to barley mixture; toss. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads