Good, easy weeknight meal.
Barley Pilaf with Artichoke Hearts
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 405
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 57.8g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 825mg
- Calcium: 267mg
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender.
- While barley cooks, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add artichokes and garlic. Sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir pesto, lemon juice, and chickpeas into the cooked barley. Serve artichoke mixture over barley; top with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This