Barefoot's Lemon Chicken Breasts
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) minced garlic 9 cloves
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated lemon zest 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on 6-8 oz each
- 1 whole(s) lemon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over med-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute, but don't allow the garlic to brown. Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme and 1 tsp salt and pour into a 9x12 baking dish.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 mins, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned. If the chicken isn't browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with foil and allow to rest 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note