Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 8 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) bottle catsup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of red pepper
- Dash of garlic salt
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Place spareribs with water to cover in a large stock pot. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Drain and cool spareribs slightly.
- Combine 2 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper; rub over entire surface of spareribs.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl; mix until well blended.
- Place ribs on grill 5 inches from medium-low coals. Cook 1 hour or until desired degree of doneness, turning every 20 minutes and basting liberally with barbecue sauce.
- Transfer spareribs to a serving platter, and serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes