- 5 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 celery bunch with leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (2-ounce) jar cracked black pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 6 lemons, cut into wedges
- 2 cups butter or margarine, cut into pieces
How to Make It
Place shrimp in a large roasting pan.
Cut celery into 4- to 6-inch lengths. Add celery and next 5 ingredients to shrimp. Squeeze lemon wedges over top, reserving wedges, and toss. Place reserved lemon wedges on top, and dot with butter.
Broil mixture 5 inches from heat (with electric door partially open), stirring often, 5 minutes or until shrimp just begin to turn pink. Reduce temperature to 350°, and bake, stirring often, 20 to 25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. (Do not overcook.) Serve with French bread.