Barbecued Short Ribs
Community Recipe from
- 5 pound(s) beef short ribs
- 1/4 cup(s) shortening
- 1 whole(s) medium chopped
- 1 1/4 cup(s) catsup
- 1/2 cup(s) celery diced
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) prepared mustard
- 1 package(s) 8 oz noodles
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- About 2 1/2 hours before serving: Cut meat into serving pieces. In Dutch oven over medium heat, in hot shortening brown meat on all sides. In small bowl, stir 3/4 cut water, onion, ketchup, celery, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, salt and mustard; pour over meat Cover and Simmer 2 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
- About 20 minutes before meat is done: Prepare noodles as labile directs; drain.
- Place meat on heated platter. Skim any excess frat from pan sauce. In cup, stir flour with 2 tablespoons water; stir into sauce and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Serve sauce with noodles and meat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Barbecued Short Ribs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes