- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (6- to 7-pound) pork shoulder roast
How to Make It
Sauté onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add next 9 ingredients; cook until hot.
Place roast on grill over low coals. Cover grill; open vent. Grill roast 3 hours, turning occasionally.
Baste roast with barbecue sauce. Cook 1 hour or until tender, basting frequently with sauce.