- 1 (3-pound) boneless, rolled pork loin roast
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 onion, sliced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Garnishes: lemon wedges, Italian parsley
- calories 364
- caloriesfromfat 47 %
- fat 19 g
- satfat 6.9 g
- monofat 8.4 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 36 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- cholesterol 105 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 363 mg
- calcium 53 mg
How to Make It
Trim any excess fat from roast. Cut deep slits in roast, using a paring knife; insert garlic slices. Stir together pepper and thyme; rub over all sides of roast, and set aside.
Sauté onion in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until tender. Stir in chicken broth and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Place roast in a lightly greased large Dutch oven; pour sauce over roast.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 170°. Let stand 15 minutes. Slice and serve with sauce; garnish, if desired.