Barbecued Pork Quesadillas
Sweet and tangy, these quesadillas get their flavor from the shredded barbeque pork and barbeque sauce. Top this favorite Mexican dish with sour cream and sliced green onions for the ultimate meal.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 pound shredded barbecued pork
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 green onions, minced
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Toppings: sour cream, sliced green onions, barbecue sauce
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprig
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Spoon pork mixture evenly on 1 side of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to seal. Spread butter on both sides of quesadillas.
- Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat, and cook quesadillas 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut each quesadilla in half for main-dish servings or in quarters for appetizer servings. Serve with desired toppings. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note