Great recipe! Very tender! Great flavor!
Barbecued Pork Chops
A simple 8-ingredient marinade, made with mostly pantry staples, brings out the vibrant flavor of these chops. Pair with kimchi-style slaw for a flavorful duo and a quick-cooking dinner solution, ready in about 40 minutes (including a 25-minute marinade).
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 17.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 433mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sake (rice wine)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) bone-in pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; add pork to bag. Seal; marinate at room temperature 25 minutes.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove pork from bag; reserve marinade. Sprinkle pork with salt. Cook pork 3 minutes on each side or until done. Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until thickened. Brush pork with reduced marinade; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Kimchi-style slaw: Combine 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar, 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon canola oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage and 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions; toss to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note