Simple and delicious. Perfect for a work night too. I used orange pineapple juice as it was what I had on hand for the marinade. The reduced marinade at the end with the toasted sesame seeds was the perfect finish. Didn't make the slaw, will try it at another time.
Barbecued Pork Chops
A simple 8-ingredient marinade, made with mostly pantry staples, brings out the vibrant flavor of these chops. Pair with kimchi-style slaw for a flavorful duo and a quick-cooking dinner solution, ready in about 40 minutes (including a 25-minute marinade).
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 17.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 433mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sake (rice wine)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) bone-in pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; add pork to bag. Seal; marinate at room temperature 25 minutes.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove pork from bag; reserve marinade. Sprinkle pork with salt. Cook pork 3 minutes on each side or until done. Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until thickened. Brush pork with reduced marinade; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Kimchi-style slaw: Combine 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar, 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon canola oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage and 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions; toss to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note