Barbecued Pork Baby Back Ribs with Molasses Red Chili Brine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) hot water
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 2 tablespoon(s) red chili flakes
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar, light
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 10 cup(s) cold water
- 6 cup(s) barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir in hot water to dissolve the salt and sugars. Add the cool water and refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Place the baby back ribs in a deep pan and cover with brine, refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Remove the ribs from the brine and rinse with cold water.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees or better, and mark the ribs by cooking for 5-7 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat to low and turn ¾ of the grill off. Place ribs on the side that's off. Cook ribs for an additional 40-50 minutes, turning occasionally. This will slowly cook the ribs to keep them moist and tender.
- Finish by turning the heat back up to high and brush on barbecue sauce, turn and repeat the brushing process 3-4 times until the ribs are well coated and the sauce is well caramelized. Serve hot off the grill.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jayf165 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Barbecued Pork Baby Back Ribs with Molasses Red Chili Brine Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes