- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 (8 1/4-ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick) slices smoked ham (about 3/4 pound)
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a heavy saucepan, stirring well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes . Stir frequently. Remove from heat.
Place ham steaks 3 to 4 inches from medium coals. Grill slowly 20 to 25 minutes, basting and turning every 5 minutes. Place pineapple slices on grill; grill 1 minute on each side or until just heated . Garnish ham steaks with grilled pineapple rings, and serve with remaining sauce.