Barbecued Chicken Pizza
Here’s a real crowd-pleaser, perfect for any weeknight with a vinegary salad alongside. If you have young kids, you might want to buy a mild barbecue sauce—although many teenagers and adults will go for far more fiery concoctions.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 263
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 18.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 568mg
- Calcium: 194mg
- 1 (10-ounce) whole-wheat thin Italian pizza crust
- 6 tablespoons bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place crust on a large baking sheet. Spread barbecue sauce over crust to within 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle with chicken, Gouda, onion, oregano, crushed red pepper, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 16 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Cool 5 minutes. Cut pizza into 6 wedges.
If you can’t find smoked Gouda at your market, use regular Gouda, and sprinkle the pie with 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika along with the oregano and crushed red pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note