Barbecue Turkey Sandwiches with Celery Salad
Photo: Miha Matei
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 539
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Sugars: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Sodium: 1541mg
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 pound cooked turkey, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 6 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, 1/4 cup of the cheese, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Add the celery, scallions, and parsley and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the cheese.
In a large skillet, combine the turkey and barbecue sauce and cook over medium heat until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Sandwich the turkey mixture in the rolls and serve with the celery salad.
Tip: Cooked turkey stays moist longer when it’s stored unsliced. On Thanksgiving Day, try to slice only what you think your guests will eat. Leave the rest of the meat in large pieces before refrigerating.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note