Easy recipe, very good with mashed potatoes. I added a pinch of salt to the sauce. Obviously the ingredients do not lend a typical bbq flavor.
Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Cindy Barr
Serve with simple mashed potatoes on the side to catch the sauce.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 4 meatballs and 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 279
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chiles (such as Del Monte)
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons Italian-seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Cooking spray
- 1. Place first 6 ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth.
- 2. Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, and chili powder in a large bowl; using wet hands, shape into 16 meatballs.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray. Add meatballs; cook 2 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Add tomato mixture to pan; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 6 minutes or until the meatballs are done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes