Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey, Rose Nguyen
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1 (3-lb.) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon barbecue seasoning
- 1 (18-oz.) bottle smoky mesquite barbecue sauce
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth
- 2 (16-oz.) bags frozen vegetable soup mix
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes*
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (24-oz.) package frozen olive oil, rosemary, and garlic oven fries
- 1 (22-oz.) package frozen sweet potato fries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Rinse and pat roast dry. Rub barbecue seasoning over roast. Place in an aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan. Pour barbecue sauce and 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth over roast. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until fork tender. Remove roast from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Shred roast with 2 forks.
- 3. Carefully pour drippings into a Dutch oven. Add shredded pork, 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth, and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare oven fries and sweet potato fries according to package directions; serve with stew.
- *2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Grill Mates Barbecue Seasoning; Alexia Olive Oil, Rosemary, & Garlic Oven Fries; and Alexia Sweet Potato Julienne Fries.
- To make ahead: Prepare recipe through Step 3. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 4 days. Reheat in a large Dutch oven while the oven preheats to cook fries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This