Love this salad. For some reason the spicy steak really works with the mustard dressing. We use this recipe ALL the time and just love this salad!
Barbecue Sirloin and Blue Cheese Salad
Lean sirloin steak sits atop a bed of fresh veggies for an easy weeknight main-dish salad. Top with crumbles of rich blue cheese to bring out the bold flavors in the homemade vinaigrette.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 671mg
- Calcium: 141mg
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound lean sirloin steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; rub evenly over both sides of steak.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes. Turn steak over; cook 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut across grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine vinegar, mustard, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk. Combine lettuce, cucumber, bell pepper, and shallots in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss gently to coat. Top salad with steak and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads