This particular recipe has most likely been served to some of the most affluent individuals in the world. Kathy is mad because she can't cook, which is why she is on the internet looking for recipies.
Barbecue Shrimp And Cornbread-Stuffed Peppers
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
- 16 unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced country ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 medium-size red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chipotle chile pepper sauce
- Green Bell Pepper Sauce
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cover and chill.
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions; cool on a wire rack. Crumble.
- Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet until vegetables are tender. Reduce heat, and stir in crumbled cornbread, milk, buttermilk, and thyme. Remove from heat, and stir in eggs, pecans, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cut red bell peppers in half crosswise; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Stuff bell pepper shells evenly with cornbread mixture. Top each evenly with butter, and place in a 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and keep warm.
- Stir together barbecue sauce and chipotle pepper sauce; brush on shrimp, reserving remaining sauce.
- Grill shrimp over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 minutes or until done, basting often with remaining sauce; set aside.
- Spoon Green Bell Pepper Sauce onto individual serving plates; place stuffed peppers in center, and top with shrimp. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This