Peel shrimp a day ahead, and store in zip-top plastic bags in refrigerator.
Yield: Makes 25 appetizer servings or 10 to 12 main dish servings
- 6 1/4 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Combine shrimp and remaining ingredients in a lightly greased large shallow roasting pan; toss to coat. Arrange shrimp in a single layer.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Barbecue Shrimp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Hors d'Oeuvres, Main Dishes
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American, Cajun/Creole
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Shellfish
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Weddings, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Father's Day, July 4th, Mardi Gras, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Super Bowl
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Appetizers