Barbecue Roasted Nuts
Two kinds of sugar sweeten this happy hour munchie. Buy shelled nuts to save time.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 2 egg whites
- 2 pounds assorted whole, raw nuts, shelled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until foamy. Toss nuts with whites. Stir together salt and next 7 ingredients; sprinkle over nuts, and toss to coat. Bake nuts in a single layer in a 17- x 11-inch jelly-roll pan 25 to 30 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Cool on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Store in airtight containers up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note