- 1 (3-pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup cola soft drink
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Hamburger buns
How to Make It
Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper, and rub with 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Place in a Dutch oven, and add 2 cups water. Cook, partially covered, over low heat 2 hours or until tender. Remove roast, and shred.
Bring remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, ketchup, and next 6 ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in shredded roast. Serve on hamburger buns.