Tried this and it was great. I also added a little more water to the sauce and now my children are asking for it again tonight.
Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sliders
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 52.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 481mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 8 (1.3-ounce) sliders mini buns (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 8 bread-and-butter pickle chips
- 1. Combine first 10 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Add chicken to ketchup mixture; stir to combine. Cook 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
- 2. Spoon 3 tablespoons chicken mixture on bottom half of each bun; top each with 1 pickle chip and top half of bun.
For a less sweet option, use sliced dill pickles.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This