Tried this and it was great. I also added a little more water to the sauce and now my children are asking for it again tonight.
Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sliders
Make these easy barbecue pulled chicken sliders by pairing shredded rotisserie chicken with homemade barbecue sauce for an easy weeknight meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 52.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 481mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 8 (1.3-ounce) sliders mini buns (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 8 bread-and-butter pickle chips
- 1. Combine first 10 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Add chicken to ketchup mixture; stir to combine. Cook 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
- 2. Spoon 3 tablespoons chicken mixture on bottom half of each bun; top each with 1 pickle chip and top half of bun.
For a less sweet option, use sliced dill pickles.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note