Barbecue Pot Pie with Cheese Grits Crust
Our test kitchens suggest using a thick barbecue sauce. Thin sauces don't work well with this recipe. If you don't have time to make barbecued pork from scratch, purchase shredded pork or beef from your favorite restaurant.
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups thick barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 pound shredded barbecued pork*
- Cheese Grits Crust Batter
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually stir in barbecue sauce and beef broth; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in pork, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spoon Cheese Grits Crust Batter evenly over hot barbecue mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- *1 pound shredded beef may be substituted for pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note