Barbecue Pot Pie with Cheese Grits Crust
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups thick barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 pound shredded barbecued pork*
- Cheese Grits Crust Batter
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually stir in barbecue sauce and beef broth; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in pork, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spoon Cheese Grits Crust Batter evenly over hot barbecue mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- *1 pound shredded beef may be substituted for pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This