- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (5-lb.) bone-in pork loin center rib roast
- 1 (15-oz.) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 12 multigrain buns
- Dill pickles (optional)
- calories 461
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 14 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- monofat 5.3 g
- polyfat 2.1 g
- protein 39.9 g
- carbohydrate 40.4 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- cholesterol 81 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 712 mg
- calcium 105 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1 Tbsp. barbecue seasoning and 1 tsp. salt; rub evenly over pork roast.
Stir together tomatoes, next 7 ingredients, remaining 1 Tbsp. barbecue seasoning, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add roast; cover and cook on LOW 9 hours or until meat shreds easily.
Remove roast; remove and discard bone. Shred meat using the tines of 2 forks. Return to slow cooker, and stir together with sauce; spoon over multigrain buns. Serve with pickles, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Barbecue Seasoning.