I have only made the coleslaw from this recipe and it is FABULOUS! Who knew coleslaw could be so quick, easy, and taste so much better than bottled coleslaw dressings? I can't see me using bottled coleslaw dressings again, this has become my "coleslaw recipe". :)
Barbecue Pork-and-Coleslaw Hoagies
These light and healthy pork hoagie sandwiches are great for picnics and tailgating. Making your own creamy slaw results in less fat and calories than a store–bought counterpart.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 717mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce (such as Kraft Spicy Cajun), divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 2 1/2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) hoagie rolls with sesame seeds
- Dill pickle slices (optional)
- Prepare broiler.
- Trim fat from pork; cut pork in half lengthwise. Brush the pork with 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Place pork on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and broil for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155° (slightly pink); turn pork occasionally. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- While pork is cooking, combine the coleslaw and the next 4 ingredients (coleslaw through horseradish) in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine the pork and 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Brush cut sides of bread with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Divide the pork evenly among bottom halves of rolls. Top each roll half with about 1/2 cup coleslaw and pickles (if desired); cover with roll tops.
- Note: The pork can also be grilled. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and and grill 15 minutes or until thermometer registers 155' (slightly pink). turning pork occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Barbecue Pork-and-Coleslaw Hoagies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This