Barbecue-Peach Summer Rolls
Savor sweet, juicy peaches this summer with Barbecue-Peach Summer Rolls appetizer.
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- Hot water
- 12 to 16 (8- to 9-inch) round rice paper sheets
- 2 small peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 to 16 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 English cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 pound shredded barbecued pork (without sauce), warm
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups torn fresh mint, cilantro, and basil
- Sweet Pepper-Peanut Sauce
- 1. Pour hot water to depth of 1 inch into a large shallow dish. Dip 1 rice paper sheet in hot water briefly to soften (about 15 to 20 seconds). Pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Place softened rice paper on a flat surface. Place 1 or 2 peach slices in center of rice paper; top with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 cucumber strips, 1 avocado slice, about 3 Tbsp. pork, 3 or 4 apple strips, and 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp. herbs. Fold sides over filling, and roll up, burrito style. Place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter. Cover with damp paper towels to keep from drying out.
- 3. Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper and filling ingredients. Serve with Sweet Pepper-Peanut Sauce.
Total time includes the sauce.
Look for rice paper rounds in the international aisle of large grocery stores or at Asian markets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note