- Hot water
- 12 to 16 (8- to 9-inch) round rice paper sheets
- 2 small peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 to 16 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 English cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 pound shredded barbecued pork (without sauce), warm
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups torn fresh mint, cilantro, and basil
- Sweet Pepper-Peanut Sauce
How to Make It
Pour hot water to depth of 1 inch into a large shallow dish. Dip 1 rice paper sheet in hot water briefly to soften (about 15 to 20 seconds). Pat dry with paper towels.
Place softened rice paper on a flat surface. Place 1 or 2 peach slices in center of rice paper; top with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 cucumber strips, 1 avocado slice, about 3 Tbsp. pork, 3 or 4 apple strips, and 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp. herbs. Fold sides over filling, and roll up, burrito style. Place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter. Cover with damp paper towels to keep from drying out.
Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper and filling ingredients. Serve with Sweet Pepper-Peanut Sauce.
Total time includes the sauce.
Look for rice paper rounds in the international aisle of large grocery stores or at Asian markets.