Barbecue Meat Loaf with Chile-Roasted Vegetables
Community Recipe from
- 1 onion, medium chopped
- 1 pound(s) ground turkey
- 1 pound(s) ground pork
- 3/4 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 3 egg whites large
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 head(s) garlic sliced
- 3/4 pound(s) parsnips peeled, 3/4 in chunks
- 3/4 carrots peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 red and yellow pepper 1 inch squares
- 3 poblano chiles or 2 green peppers 1 inch squares
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a skillet, saute onion for 5 minutes or until browned. Place in large bowl; cool. Add meats, bread crumbs, 2/3 cup bbq sauce, egg whites and seasonings to bowl; mix very well. On pan, shape mixture into a rounded loaf. Top with remaining bbq sauce.
- 2. Prepare vegetables: In large bowl, toss ingredients; place around meatloaf. Bake 45 minutes; carefully stir vegetables to coat with meatloaf juices. Increase heat to 400. Bake 15 minutes. Let meatloaf stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- I substituted potatoes (white and sweet) for the parsnips. I did not add the chiles. I substituted beef, veal and pork for the turkey and pork. I cut the recipe in half.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Desposito and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes