Barbecue Meat Loaf with Chile-Roasted Vegetables
Community Recipe from
- 1 onion, medium chopped
- 1 pound(s) ground turkey
- 1 pound(s) ground pork
- 3/4 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 3 egg whites large
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 head(s) garlic sliced
- 3/4 pound(s) parsnips peeled, 3/4 in chunks
- 3/4 carrots peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 red and yellow pepper 1 inch squares
- 3 poblano chiles or 2 green peppers 1 inch squares
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a skillet, saute onion for 5 minutes or until browned. Place in large bowl; cool. Add meats, bread crumbs, 2/3 cup bbq sauce, egg whites and seasonings to bowl; mix very well. On pan, shape mixture into a rounded loaf. Top with remaining bbq sauce.
- 2. Prepare vegetables: In large bowl, toss ingredients; place around meatloaf. Bake 45 minutes; carefully stir vegetables to coat with meatloaf juices. Increase heat to 400. Bake 15 minutes. Let meatloaf stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- I substituted potatoes (white and sweet) for the parsnips. I did not add the chiles. I substituted beef, veal and pork for the turkey and pork. I cut the recipe in half.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Desposito and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note