Had these at a restaurant outside of Universal Studios and came home wanting more! Found this recipe and made some minor adjustments to make it more like the restaurants! Definitely not a Manwich meal! :) Husband loves this one... and so does everyone else! (When making for kids - be sure to leave out the jalapeno peppers!)
Sloppy Joes get a taste of summer with the addition of barbecue sauce. Makes 8 servings.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Ground Beef (or Turkey)
- 1 package(s) McCormickÂ® Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 6 ounce(s) Tomato Paste
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Water
- 1/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 1/8 cup(s) jalapeno peppers diced (optional)
- 8 piece(s) Hamburger Rolls (we like King's Hawaiian)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger rolls
- 1. Brown ground turkey or ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- 2. Stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3. Serve over hamburger rolls.
- per serving
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 42 mg
- Sodium: 637 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 17 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandolin2626 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note