Barbecue-Glazed Turkey Burgers
Photo: John Kernick
Turkey burgers are a popular lunch at Gwyneth Paltrow's house, where she serves them on toasted brioche buns. She usually adds a topping or two, like Swiss cheese and a few pickled jalapeños. Jarred barbecue sauce adds a ton of flavor to the burgers and helps keep them from drying out. Paltrow got that tip from her friend Lee Gross, a macrobiotic chef who is obviously not averse to the occasional burger.
More From Food & Wine
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweet-smoky jarred barbecue sauce
- canola oil, for brushing
- 4 brioche buns, split and toasted
- slice Pickled jalapeño, Swiss cheese slices and pickle chips, for serving
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, season the turkey with salt and pepper and gently knead in 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce. Shape the meat into four 4-inch patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Brush with oil and grill over moderate heat, turning once, until nearly cooked through, 7 minutes. Brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce and cook for 1 minute longer, until cooked through and lightly glazed. Transfer the burgers to the buns and top with pickled jalapeños, Swiss cheese and pickle chips and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This