Yield: 6 servings
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with 2 teaspoons salt; let stand 1 hour. Rinse eggplant well, and pat dry. Sprinkle eggplant with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; drizzle with oil. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Place eggplant on a rack in a broiling pan. Broil 5 inches from heat 10 minutes on each side, basting with barbecue sauce the last 3 minutes.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used K.C. Masterpiece for barbecue sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables