What kind of cheese grits did you serve this with? Creamy or Baked? I really want to try it with the grits. I am making the chili now, so really couln't rate it yet. I'm also making my own pulled pork,and adding some smoky chipolte pepper to the seasoning mix. Love the seasoning mixture. Recipe sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try it!
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded barbecue pork
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onion
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1. Stir together shredded pork and remaining ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings. (See "Toppings for Chili" below.)
- Toppings for Chili: Good choices to add to your bowl include sour cream, salsa, diced plum tomatoes (they have a meatier texture and are easy to find in winter), shredded lettuce or spinach, shredded cheese, diced onion, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, chopped avocado, sliced jalapeño peppers, cornbread croutons, and tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes