VERY tasty! I used chicken breasts with most likely less surface area than thighs. Lots of flavor and very sweet. My question is are the tbsps of brown sugar packed or not?
Barbecue Chicken with Mustard Glaze
A five-ingredient barbecue rub and a three-ingredient basting sauce are all you need to take chicken from routine to off-the-charts good. An assortment of spices mixed with common condiments makes a thick, tangy-sweet mustard glaze with a hint of smokiness. Grilled summer squash makes a light, fresh side.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 27.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 651mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Combine ketchup and next 3 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 2. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub spice mixture evenly over chicken thighs. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 12 minutes. Turn chicken over. Brush with half of ketchup mixture; cook 12 minutes. Turn chicken over. Brush with remaining ketchup mixture; cook 2 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°.
- Grilled summer squash: Cut 2 zucchini and 1 yellow squash lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note