Amazing. Will definitely make this often.
Barbecue Chicken with Mustard Glaze
A five-ingredient barbecue rub and a three-ingredient basting sauce are all you need to take chicken from routine to off-the-charts good. An assortment of spices mixed with common condiments makes a thick, tangy-sweet mustard glaze with a hint of smokiness. Grilled summer squash makes a light, fresh side.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 27.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 651mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Combine ketchup and next 3 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 2. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub spice mixture evenly over chicken thighs. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 12 minutes. Turn chicken over. Brush with half of ketchup mixture; cook 12 minutes. Turn chicken over. Brush with remaining ketchup mixture; cook 2 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°.
- Grilled summer squash: Cut 2 zucchini and 1 yellow squash lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note