I put the chicken in the slow cooker just for ease. Thought it was good. My husband and son loved it. Appreciated something different. I tripled the recipe. Will be making this again.
Barbecue Chicken Sliders with Pickled Onions
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 429
- Fat: 18.4g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 32.1g
- Carbohydrate: 31.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 569mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 8 (1.5-ounce) pull-apart dinner rolls (such as Sara Lee)
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine sliced onion, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons honey in a small bowl; toss well. Cover and refrigerate onion mixture at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoons water, mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer (do not boil). Simmer 5 minutes; stir in butter. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 4. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt. Place on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from grill; cool slightly. Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken to saucepan with mustard mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- 5. Cut rolls in half crosswise. Place rolls, cut sides down, on grill; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture over bottom half of each roll. Top each roll with about 1 teaspoon drained onion slices and top half of roll. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note