Horrible. There are much better coleslaw and barbecue sauce recipes out there. I ended up throwing most of this away. One take away idea is using the texas toast for the bread as a little added punch.
Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches with Creamy Slaw
Leftover shredded chicken serves as the base for Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches with Creamy Slaw. Toss the chicken in homemade or bottled barbecue sauce, and serve on Texas toast with this easy slaw.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 (12-oz.) package angel hair coleslaw mix or broccoli slaw mix
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 Texas toast slices
- Prepare slaw: Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and granulated sugar until smooth. Stir in coleslaw mix and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Prepare sauce: Stir together ketchup and next 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until bubbly. Stir together 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and chicken in a bowl. Spoon mixture over Texas toast slices. Serve with slaw and remaining barbecue sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This