To make this healthier, I would use low-sugar bbq sauce and whole-wheat or multi-grain bread instead of white bread.
Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Move over, clubs, this stacker is sure to headline the sandwich category for the summer. This sandwich is ready to eat in about five minutes, thanks to the use of bottled sauce and store-bought rotisserie chicken. Dress up the bottled barbecue sauce with chili powder and pineapple preserves to add a tangy, homemade taste.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 547
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 45g
- Carbohydrate: 70g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 077mg
- 2 (2 1/2 lb.) rotisserie chickens
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle barbecue sauce (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- Remove skin from chicken. Cut meat from bones and coarsely chop it. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine barbecue sauce, pineapple preserves and chili powder. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until just simmering and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Warm bread in toaster until just lightly toasted. Remove chicken from heat. Place 8 slices of bread on a work surface; top each with a lettuce leaf. Spoon some chicken on top. Top with bread and remaining lettuce and chicken. Top with final slice of bread. Secure sandwiches with toothpicks and slice in half. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note